Re: [OpenHeroQuest] The Second Gloranthan Grouse (with polls)

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_oxsD7e-BofMlzAhlI9Hshv9coHXte-KNiPeuL81jEflu7jwWYThFil8svh0jv4Pf1A4J>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:33:02 +1000

De Immod,

> Sounds great, but don't expect me to organise this.
>
> Happy to host it though.

Cool - as my life is slowly returning to (relative) normal at last, just the one 9-5 job again and the duck/baboon thingee well and truly deadlined, though still organising a renegade bishop's tour that's bringing all sorts of wildlife out of the bush. No baboons though, alas. Them I can communicate with.

I'll put out a few feelers after Scotscon, and if there's interest, will set a date.

> Sorry, John : latte is exclusively an anglo-saxon also-rans thing.

I appreciate the explanation, in insults, as in life, detail is everything.

> BTW, I heard about all of those baboons being murdered down there
> in your hemisphere, multiple stab wounds no less (but can't find a
> URL containing the report).

> Isn't that taking the scenario playtesting a little TOO far, John ?

Accustomed as I am to not understanding Julian's posts, this one really passed me by. A Google news sweep on baboons didn't turn up anything than the usual thievery, raids, and Hindustan parliamentary seiges (twue), though it was interesting to read that some kind of baboon on stilts has escaped from the stage set of "The Lion King," and is wandering the Montana badlands.

Anyone catch the story Julian is alluding to? Or has our immoderator been sniffing more than Roman cappuccino?

Ook.

John