Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Rant number 1, 2 & 3

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_N8YtcgSDNf4PQo_XUIKuaW7GJCuJpBm6mBnGKYm0tKW_xLE1iTlMQLbwKrMK4>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 12:18:21 +0100 (BST)

> But you really have to admire TI's dedication, don't
> you? He writes a
> LOT, and he obviously loves Glorantha

And he writes in a language totally unlike his own. This is why I assume it's me being thick, not him being stupid: he obviously isn't anything of the sort.

> I'm sure that if you look up YGWV in the
> dictionary, TI's picture
> will be right next to it.

I've never even understood enough of his posts to realise that much. I think a lot of my trouble is that he just strings together a series of statements with no indication of the intended relationship between them. Is a given sentence supposed to be a stand-alone quote, something he's just made up, a refutal of the previous paragraph, a theory to be demolished in the next few paras, or what? And since it's all about places and things about which I know next to nothing anyway (Krakelorea, mystics), I give up.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/