Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re: Rant number 1, 2 & 3

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_36WfDGTMO5L6W_qMASS6lNnQNT4bz7fS4FxShmt8wYnn4UNRY_G340KSXUaPJ>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:18:35 +0100 (BST)

Certainly: please do.

Of course, quite large chunks of the HQ-RPG and HQ-Rules list are *also* incomprehensible to me. This does not bother me. It generally means that they're about areas of Glorantha where I've just never had the interest to inform myself of what others regard as the basics. (Mystics? Burn them. Easy. No roolz required.)

> > Assuming that "newbie" means "idiot", though,
> seems to
> > me to be unfair.
>
> I didn't think we made that assumption.

Things have tended in that direction from time to time. I can't quote cases, but there's been a tendency to avoid areas as being, not too reliant on OOP material, but too *complicated* for newbies.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/