Re: Rant number 1, 2 & 3

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_RO9nt4Sam8FLx7xWijIOGCS_jj_iah9a5s_VEKctSIFQvcuEJ9FN8uI1GvpyXFWXTlvkiDaQ>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:04:11 -0000

This is true if we know/believe the threads we are interested in will be/are welcome/exist at all here (umm... there). If they come looking for advice about the rules/cultures covered in the rulebook and find pages of posts about mysticism, historical Karlorian Emperors, the history of the talmud or the identity of Stars and Moons they have never heard of then they might just give up and go away with the impression that "Glorantha is too complicated!".

If the HQ lists can be kept fairly "newbie friendly" then we can help and encourage these people to discover this is not true, and still maintain the digest as a home for topics that require a more in depth approach, or archeology of old sources etc etc...