Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Digest Number 142

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_5X2REu_s2vxSesoNbPMhMd9SmRcHyilay-JVykiVyaP6IwGUNEgWWF8YysHCJ3sT>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

RR wrote:
>. . . not that Mr. Davis was any hot stuff,

> but c'mon, a recall election less than a
> year after the California electorate
> voiced its approval of him?

Nice pun, btw . . . Yelm::hot stuff .. very good.

Seriously, though, as a die-hard Republican (who voted for a local candidate whose only campaign promise was to abolish his office as soon as possible and do no work thereafter), it worries me that we are setting the same sort of precedent for elected officials that the Democrats did for judges with Bork. The Senate should advise but ultimately consent; recalls should be used for crooks. Same problem. In fact, one is probably a reaction to the other.

That said, direct democracy as a whole in California is a massive failure, so Ahnold did us Republicans no favors by winning the race to become the next failed governor of an ungovernable state.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com