Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Vote RRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_c4Q9jui59AcAX47hpCQ7wT7hdifUkApG5JbWFxkvHst9OmnXphHfK5fmOMQO1GFg>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

Graham, responding to Peter:
> Look, the discussion started with a claim that
> Bush never said that Iraq was an imminent threat
> to America. Yet, here we have him stating that we
> can't know exactly how big a threat he is, that he
> is a big threat, that that threat is growing, and
> we need to go to war for the safety of our
> people. In short, barring minor semantic
> twiddling, that there is an imminent threat.

Hm. I think Bush was arguing the "imminent" is the wrong standard for intervention and that his preferred standard was "serious and worsening". Since his standard was looser than "imminent", he did not need to argue that the threat was imminent.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search http://shopping.yahoo.com