Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Vote RRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_WxnGNyyEYuzFB5251LxF4Y_8EdRMyZ4TEv8RNZ02Q4uJ7CGbvlx48Px1JGORFnVRAXJy4>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:23:29 +0100

>not from the reasons put forward
>by Bush and his pet poodle.

Interesting side note : it has been claimed that Blair's first action on Bush being elected was to phone him and say "Congratulations! What are you going to do about Iraq?" On hearing about Sept. 11th, Blair's first action was to phone Bush and say "Now you'll have to do something about Iraq." Given which of the two is the better spinner, and given which of the two has been caught in far more direct lies, I'm inclined to believe that Blair was part of the pro-war party that surrounded the President.

>You have to think more about the fact that we guys
>in Old Europe _do_ have that capability.

No we don't. Not in the least. I cannot think of a single successful democracy that was established by Old Europe (or even Britain). We're really, really bad at it. Lets face it, all the current problems in Iraq can be traced back to a really awful map drawn by Britain.

Look, the only way we've ever managed to establish democracy is ground up. You cannot impose it from outside, only assist people in establishing it for themselves.

Cheers,
Graham