Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re: Vote RRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_toPRPcloR1iQi17BguCN9Mxg4K_56IN1mtN0zvKz33Lczln0YTNnbLuQQPuOoiAqVOET.y>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:46:06 +0200

Tim :

> This was the problem with the French position. It was fine to decide
> not to support the call for War, but to come out and say "We will not
> support a call for War under any circumstances whatever" ...

that's : "We will not support [the proposed resolution] under any circumstances
whatever"

<sigh>

Sometimes, French doublespeak really doesn't help.

Translated into what they expect "clever people" to infer, it meant that they would never support the proposed resolution whilst remaining loftily uncommitted about the possibility of any subsequent resolution(s).

<groan>

The frogs can be real pains in the fundament sometimes ... :-(

Julian Lord