Southern [insert here]

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_opY6DScLsD5NbkA2ixgSpeGCvmZASjzLb_cC8y7mFUlOkDEfaz2y7_859QCqE>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 13:06:28 -0000

Argrathi (just bloody typical pseudonym for a pretentious southerner, no doubt...):

> "Northerners".

Julian: he started it.

I cannot remember exactly the blissful day when my genetic hatred of all things Southern was realised. Perhaps it was that day in Leeds, during a meeting, when a Southern lass started mocking Northern ways, complaining about traffic reports on the local radio--her exact words: "The north! Oh how twee! Really, they should spend some time around London on the M25"--or perhaps it was spending three years in Bristol University, an establishment of plummy, southern Oxbridge rejects in a city of yokels. Twee. Wonderful.

Maybe it was being in a chippy in Walthamstow, asking for a chip barm, and receiving nothing but ignorance in return.

How can it be wrong to hate Southerners, when same is the one thing that unites folk of the two counties? That's a sign from God, son.

Face it, half of you can't even swear properly. We don't often use the worst expletives to refer to your breed, 'bastard' and 'dick' are fine (in conjunction with 'Southern', of course). We don't need to go any further, it's all in the enunciation. You, of course, show recourse to the c-word, but even then you can't do it right: it just sounds like you're talking about a Prussian philosopher.

And it was a Southerner who messed around with the Lancashire-  boundary and came up with the unholy morass that is Greater Manchester. What made the Empire great? Welsh coal, Birmingham steel, Northern mills and lots and lots of Scots getting killed in our army. What did you lot do? Mess it all bloody up.

To sum up: yer all shite.

Stu (of Bolton, LANCASHIRE... not bloody Greater Manchester...).