Re: Beer

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_Sf55kxY7zlAIZyNncFkD7odNo5mXco_TGvVxyNP_AHCM8G2cxbDGUdXouaI47fIphQdhZe>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:54:17 +0100

Graeme :

> > American beer AKA beer for wimps
> > is a sorry excuse for the noble beverage
> > in question.
> >
> Now that's just not true.
> You surely mean that American Mass Market Beer is an abomination,
> barely fit for human consumption. Just like "English" lager.

"English" lager : eeeeee-YUCK !!!

> OTOH, I've spent many a merry hour in the company of some rather
> nice microbrews in San Francisco and Seattle.

So ? there are some fine microbreweries in France too, including one place in Britanny that markets traditional celtic "cervoise" (the stuff that Asterix drinks), but that doesn't magically turn French "beer" as a whole from swill into gold ...

Much as the fact that there are some dismally bad English, German, and Belgian beers does nothing to alter the fact that these are the three great beer-producing nations of the world. (Ireland, Holland, Czechia, Austria are notable runners-up, it has to be said).

Julian

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"