Re: Beer spews

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_ssdbqZkxl0eNmvdOFJW32QP-erlZsGjWwAiDAz-04TM82t6FGQieZCngkLkVq>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:31:23 -0000

Graeme:
> Two of which
> are very much ordinary and Lagavulin, which I wouldn't use as
> lighter fuel, let alone drink.

Really? I quite like Lagavulin, though they may be decreasing the phenol count now, I believe.

I spent four weeks wandering around the Port Ellen region of Islay looking at rocks (as you do), and our mapping area encompassed the Laphroaig and Lagavulin distilleries, and the old works at Port Ellen. Ardbeg was just down the road--and speaking of Glenmorangie, unsurprisingly the gift shop seemed to stock more of that than the Ardbeg itself.

By the way, if anyone has ever bought a 'square foot of Islay', I can happily tell you that your prized land is a midge-plagued, malarial morass bordering the 'main' road. I may have trodden through it accidentally while looking for 'good rock'--my apologies.

Stu.