Re: Beer

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_RjIh8kB7AiLiZE8QjgXDDqQwmUrGQ77g5IifjQEE17d0yiQgnJENH2z4sQlGE>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 15:18:39 -0000

> Any others to avoid?

There was this *great* beer available in the UK around ten years ago, called Force 10. It came in a metallic purple can, with silvery purple writing saying... Force 10. And that was it. I only ever saw it in one shop, the one that sold us out of date Moosehead (hey, still tasted alright...).

I don't know if it's related to the Labatt's Lucky Lager Force 10 (one might presume so), but it was... painful. Provided a cheaper alternative to Tennants Super and Carlsberg Special Brew, though, and for a while was the local grebs' beer of choice. Has anyone seen it since?

I have a picture of it somewhere, c. 1994, held aloft like the holy grail, lighting us on our way to watch the Floyd... I'd also add Celtia, the Tunisian beer. In browsing, as I write this, I've seen several pieces praising it. Really, I don't know...

Stu.