Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re: Beer

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_hy1JohaFdWBD7c0pVQ7b3xm8CJmuIGzhMFySNpPkt6xRfW06tShrSs7ZBhPfDp74i407Z>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:39:46 -0500

Chris Lemens wrote:

> > As the boys from Monty Python would say, it
> > is a little like making love in
> > a canoe; it's fucking close to water.
>
> To my taste, the worst beer I ever had was Pearl
> Light. First off, any beer that claim proudly to be a
> "Light Beer" is to be avoided. Second, they can (not
> bottle, only can) the stuff in Houston, where the only
> available source of water is the huge swamp in which
> Houston is built. It was certainly fucking close to
> swamp water.
>
> Any others to avoid?

A few miles from where it sit in the land of red clay, rednecks, and NASCAR (i.e., North Carolina) is a "bottling" plant for a famous American mass market "beer"- Busch.

I can assure everyone that there is not a single crystal clear water spring in the Winston Salem metropolitan area. We DO have the murky and catfish-filled Yadkin River nearby. How water that thick can become "beer" that thin really puzzles me...

Gerald