RE: [OpenHeroQuest] Re: Beer

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_bWV3qjM8HHqNi8JHurJ5O0CncJnGFFgIOA8994ho0W_V-ACaaqHIpfCTryW0_kY4Fvna>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 10:33:30 -0600 (CST)

Chris Lemens said:

> To my taste, the worst beer I ever had was Pearl
> Light. First off, any beer that claim proudly to be a
> "Light Beer" is to be avoided. Second, they can (not
> bottle, only can) the stuff in Houston, where the only
> available source of water is the huge swamp in which
> Houston is built. It was certainly fucking close to
> swamp water.
>
> Any others to avoid?

Ohhhh, man, I had this Latvian beer, whose name I cannot recall (the characters were Cyrillic, or I would have written it down).. Breadcrumbs were supposedly one of the ingredients. It also had the word "kvass" on the label ("It can't REALLY be fremented mare's milk, can it?". My friend Frank and I bought a bottle as part of one of our beer-and-bad-movie nights, and when we opened it and took a sniff, we both had immediate misgivings. We decided to soldier on, took one sip, and immediately dumped it down the sink (something we have NEVER done before, over many years of beer).

My mutual acclaim it was the worst beer we had ever tasted.

Guy (Hoyle)