Re: [OpenHeroQuest] [Fwd: Sorry, but they are rushing me]

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_V6suZB9FM8t-Hqy6WbInoMn7yqKnJFU1ti4epGpJMgz7zZWsBAmIHjWn0qCCAYvG>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:44:56 -0800 (PST)

I'm going even further OT: There is a web site called www.modestneeds.org that provides small grants to people in need from contributions it gets by PayPal. The usual amount is in the hundreds of dollars, for something that the recipient cannot afford, but needs to get a job, stay in school, or the like (e.g., replacement glasses). If you have an extra $20 or so that you could afford to give, think about it. The guy who runs it in his spare time maintains a meticulous registry of each recipient; he checks out each recipient and usually arranges for direct payment of whatever is needed. I've given some money over time and have always felt it was appropriately used.

As to the below, $2,400 for rent is beyond the abilities of Modest Needs, but see my prior e-mail.

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/