Re: From HQrules list

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_qD8qIFca2AwZhoUlu7pOWfEh4fFlX3u3XvwpGfhqth1qqvHpTb20sK7t1UMhf>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:24:55 -0000

> ... unlike most European powers, who tried to
> carve up the entire third world among themselves...

Now, now, Chris! Don't be denigrating the 'Tunisian Pear' or Dr. Carl 'Maxim the Maasai' Peters like that. We were simply spreading Commerce, Christianity and Civilisation to the benighted savage, and had no thoughts of empire-building in the slightest.

And if we didn't launch random wars of territorial aggrandisement, you wouldn't be able to watch 'Zulu' on a rainy holiday afternoon, or hear Islamic Pathans cry 'Kill for Khali' in 'Young Winston', would you?

Stu.