Re: [OpenHeroQuest] From HQrules list

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_OyatDhIQrbokAblhRHww71T5GXpZlfLL8IOAYwMLsI5_6GMY9gA78LUHA3iO5>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 23:34:29 +0000 (GMT)

> How about a moral? Something like "Stay on your
> toes," "Don't rest on your laurels," or "Don't trust
> the French"? Well, that last one has universal
> application.

Coming from a nation that's spent most of the last thousand years or so at war with thme: yep.

> The significance is that the English chased their
> boldest and brightest abroad, along with their
> religious nuts and criminals.

But that was back in the 1600s (and you could have fooled me about the brightest and boldest). It was *after* that that we built our empire. After the religious extremists who thought even the Puritans were too lax had left (not pushed: left).

> That's America's
> population for you -- bold, bright, nutty, and
> criminal. ;-)

If you say so.

Jane Williams

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk