Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Gandalf found alive!

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_PQQbQGEp2A5wQbBvAXB5od6IC8zfMfSVTjIr4mPbkrFGwvbmlTTMWH8kkXOjJT0kpLY>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:19:15 +1300

At 01:52 AM 12/17/03 -0500, you wrote:

>Now that the perfect casting for Gandalf the Grey has been dug out of a hole
>in Irag are we going to see an Iragi version of "The Hobbit?"

I think Saddam resembles Thrain the 2nd captured and imprisoned in Dol Guldur more than anything else.

FWIW the Iraqis have been exposed to the Lord of the Rings after Uday (in a bid for popularity) pirated both the Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers and broadcast them free-to-air on his personal TV station. I fear however that they will have to pay to see the third installment.

But then again considering that the New Zealand Army couldn't take Helm's Deep because the Sun got in their eyes, Saddam, seeing the movie, must have felt he could hold out against the yanks indefinitely.

--Peter Metcalfe