Re: Vadeli Pun Feast

From: jorganos <joe_at_pUWBQOe5y8DyMIEFP6eRBrJoRAYuBBBTitiJuuqBZZ6xe301nAHKEt-aFPgLGsunaYSRB2wj>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:33:46 -0000

> Joerg:

>>puns were meant to make people groan, these succeed admirally...

> Peter:
> Out of curiosity which puns were the best and which were the worst?

Let me say most intense:
The admirals for Vice and Rear certainly beat other established, notorious puns like Lur Nop (Lop Nur - atomic testing environment) and  the Loskalmi Cardinals of North-, South- etc.-point, and come dangerously close to Nochet and Corflu.

Apart from the pun value: Did you intend Admiral as a naval rank, or is this closer to Arabian "amir" (prince, lord, basically the root for European Admiral)?

And are you aware of the Admiral of the Boats in the Rightarm Isles? Do the Vadeli call him Admiral of the Goats?

Stewart
> Also, in 'pig German' Grand Admiral is "Gross Admiral" (Gro�admiral)
> which must have more connotations.

Not any more than e.g. "grand theft".

> And Peter, what vile horrors are
> perpetrated by the Commodores? Especially the despicable Lionel...

They got the night shift?

> Anal Probers. Buggery and excrement in intercourse. Lick hands after
> ablutions. Did someone forget to tell Peter that this was no longer
> the "Mature Readers Only" issue?

I wonder whether the original layout for #13 has been saved. If I still had a say in Tradetalk proceedings, I'd have put out this volume as #14, and have kept the unpublished #13 as a limited print run item for auctions and the like. To the public, they'd just have cancelled the "unlucky number", and created a myth on the sideline.