Re: Re-tread crappola

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_uEXMjtZ87DBx5kEGHjcWsz0Qp9s6ST7_Ut6hrB8k-NvK2amz76E2uTim9L-TrUWaym8cSBAv>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:32:37 -0000

> Suddenly, JB-type evil geniuses in secret underground
> hide-outs plotting the death of the civilised world
> became headline news ; not outrageous fantasy characters.

Of course, in the majority of the JB books (as opposed to the films) IIRC the "evil geniuses" were also part of the Soviet (counter) intelligence network, or working on their behalf. Blofeld/SPECTRE only appear in 3 books (Thunderball, OHMS and You Only Live Twice). I would have said that since the end of the Cold War and the collapse of the Iron Curtain the Bond Books have been less relevant, although the films more so.

> > The books
> > > didn't,
> > >
> > > Syntax alert !!!
> > >
> > > Jane, could you please rephrase that e-mail ?
> >
> > Re-reading, and seeing no syntax errors.
>
> Oh, OK, this is probably just another case of male/female
> logic disjunction.

I must be completly in touch with my feminine side today, then because I understood Jane perfectly. Maybe you've just spent too long living in places where English is not the first language.

> > > What are you suggesting changed on 11/9, other
> > than
> > > the Americans waking up to reality? The books
> > didn't,
>
> didn't what ?

What [...]changed[...]? The books didn't,

> > > the tendency of unpleasant regimes and individuals
> > > be brutal didn't.
>
> why, who to, and what didn't it do ?

What [...]changed[...]? [...]unpleasnt regimes [...] didn't.