Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re-tread crappola

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_tAzBC_lZjlRmoaY3p7XGk_sOSOAO7b2_MV8PgRHEJ8gH69VfUFe_07hylNzH-uo38mly.y>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:43:13 +0100

Julian :

> > > To some extent anyway ; since 9/11, the JB novels
> > > can be read as if they had been intended as
> > > mainstream,
> > > serious fiction. And ain't that scary ?!
> >
> > What are you suggesting changed on 11/9, other than
> > the Americans waking up to reality? The books didn't,
> > the tendency of unpleasant regimes and individuals to
> > be brutal didn't.
>
> Syntax alert !!!

OK, syntax alert, but not where I thought it was, although to be fair your syntax suggests that the books didn't wake up to reality or didn't change, which is dodgy from the POV of meaning, and, combined with last night's drunkenness, led to misunderstanding on my part.

AKA posting_while_drunk_is_a_bad_idea syndrome.**

Back to the topic :

I don't think it was so much a case of anyone waking up to reality, as reality suddenly, violently, and powerfully undergoing a huge paradigm shift, where the evil geniuses in their evil secret underground hideouts were suddenly and shockingly revealed as having the actual power to engage in the kind of mass destruction that had hitherto been relegated to James Bond type fantasies.

But I may be wrong ?

Julian

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.