Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re-tread crappola

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_jFKi9RPHsICv09A3OXAuMqdJrClMmQ-9SYpjVSM5TJnbPmFx3-xfPLr9Sv8PDDwSjOXYsg>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:26:11 +0100

Jane Williams wrote:

> > the evil geniuses
> > in their evil secret underground hideouts were
> > suddenly
> > and shockingly revealed as having the actual power
> > to engage in the kind of mass destruction that had
> > hitherto been relegated to James Bond type
> > fantasies.
> >
> > But I may be wrong ?
>
> I think so. Because this just wasn't news.

9/11 wasn't news ?!

> Except to
> some Americans, and it seems to some Monacans (is that
> how you spell them?)

The shock to me wasn't 9/11 itself, as I was expecting it. In fact on 9/08 we had a phone call from a good friend who was suddenly distressed that the world was going mad. He didn't explain further, but three days later it became self-evident.

The shock to me was immediately afterwards, when I considered the consequences of the disaster, and realised that the medium term consequence of 9/11 would be (and has been) more fascistic tendences in government and in those seeking to exercise power.

> I won't bore you with excessive
> sympathy.

:-)

> Have a virtual bottle of wine. Since it's
> virtual, and therefore cheap, I'll make it quite a
> nice Chardonnay. Australian, not French.

Virtual cheers !

(Virtually provides a virtual glass for each list member and virtually fills it, to drink the non-virtual health of Jane)

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"