Re: Male vs. female vs. male mutation and gender differences

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_9zGf6_uuz-3ar5rGO6oQ3az2xJbX8Q4-mapOk7fOyo9YocpQZQhCRBtSTfGvQ-rabfVgb>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:25:02 -0000

Here's the thread on RPG.net... it starts to get surreal around page 3.

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71093

"The Wraeththu

In the near future, humanity is in decline, ravaged by insanity, conflict, disease and infertility. A new hermaphrodite race has risen mysteriously from the ghettos and ruins of the northern cities: humanity has evolved into a new species, which is stronger, sharper and more beautiful than any that have come before. They possess psychic powers and the ability, through a process called inception, to transform humans into creatures like themselves. They are the Wraeththu..."

A comment from the website:

Q: Aren't you just copying White Wolf with the use of tribes and some of their other ideas?

  1. Well let's reverse this question to get the truth. Many of the aspects of `Vampire the Masquerade' (VtM) and other `World of Darkness' books, used ideas from the works of `Storm Constantine'. Indeed, anyone who has the first edition of VtM can find evidence of this by turning to the front of the book and reading the `thanks to' acknowledgements.

Wraeththu started life way back in 1973, when Storm wrote her first short story based in their world. Some thirteen years later, in 1986, the first Wraeththu novel was published. This book influenced a lot of people, including apparently some of the writers who created the White Wolf worlds. (As a side note: You might be interested to know that Storm has also written material for White Wolf with `Phil Brucato'.)

Technically, World of Darkness can be seen as a lesser cousin of the Wraeththu Mythos, which was created some years beforehand. We cannot be accused of plagiarizing White Wolf's game when Wraeththu appears to have been part of the source material for VtM. We just waited for the right time, circumstances and experience to produce the richly colored world of the Wraeththu as a game. With the sad demise of the World of Darkness range, we hope that many of you will try and enjoy the Wraeththu RPG.
- gabby2600

Jeff