Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Last Samurai

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_8kHbNzBfW4W8VduTfMSXWJPbxZcQgsSAp2BzTtFyzDDfAb2M40VprDVqFGiM4fy5ioKJ>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:36:31 +1100

In which our immoderator casts off any lingering vestiges of Realpolitik and reveals himself as an unabashed romantic: :)

> > A generation on, the bushido values trumpeted by
> > the film
> > led to the Japanese invasion of China, Pearl Harbour, and beyond.
>
> No ; a corrupt interpretation of those values led to those events.

Do tell more. Occasional references to peasants may help convince of your case. Also any reference to Chivalry where knights really did rescue princesses from towers would be appreciated.

Me, I've given up playing humakti. (Possibly because Hueymakt has more dramatic potential).

Send, lawyers, guns and money....

John