Re: [OpenHeroQuest] Re: Esoterica

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_2N6OEnLuR9CjBzIPRc36gBY5VJEUYpYEJhlBGSdaC2kuPgFTmRhDf4ErXwhvquZ33pW4>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 23:11:05 +1100

> John, you might want to have a word with Ross Griffiths and the fluid
> dynamics blokes at ANU. Research proposals such as 'The Flow
> Behaviour of Duck-Wank' and 'Effusions of Steaming Duck-Wank as an
> Analogue to Lava Flows' would revolutionize the science of
> Volcanology.

I am rather familiar with ANU ducks. My office happens to lie between Sullie's Creek and a rather verdant and sheltered quadrangle that, out of term time at least, is a duck favourite. I often see a line of ducks taking a sunset waddle back towards the creek, carefully skirting the Union bar - real ducks mind you, not the pea-sized water hens that have overrun most of the campus. It's delightful and inspiring and deeply calming for a troubled soul.

I have no intention of allowing these delightful creatures to be kidnapped for sexual experimentation by a bunch of geologists, who, in my experience, are even worse than foresters. I can imagine these innocent cweatures (the ducks, not the geologists) being roasted on a purple mountain of KMn04 and glycerine in the Union court while bacchanalic rock bangers flash them animal porn pinups from a Powerpoint slide show. Come to think of it, this strikes a chord. Bush Week '03? Or was that the Young Liberal Lawyers?

You got to play with larva?! WAY KOOOOL!

John