Re: peeks his head up- film -merlin

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_mYn9Kzpa0KA692U4j1jVZueAYQipEm4TkxemzCGmdJMUEpRjPTmYffbJvR-at>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:03:59 -0000

On The Sword and the Sorcerer:
> That's the one. See, I blocked its name out of my
> memory. It is just bad -- not funny bad like Evil
> Dead I and II. Just bad.

Would you believe I watched both S&S *and* 'Hawk the Slayer' on the same day last week? Hmmm... damn fine entertainment! S&S is bad, but it had grown on me since I watched it last. It's a 'shame' they didn't make the sequel, 'Tales of the Ancient Empire', which is touted at the end.

'Hawk the Slayer' is just superb. Really. I mean how can you knock a film whose soundtrack was written while the Writer/Composer/Producer was listening to Jeff Wayne's 'War of the Worlds'... *and* had 'A Fistful of Dollars' on the TV in the background at the same time. I mean, what are the chances of that?

Jack Palance was so wooden you could make a bench out of him. Great stuff!

Stu.