Re: LotR - sigh

From: jeffrichard68 <richj_at_65rJRlKyI2Axba8E0dpClN95eGmDq8wXToGy0fdCfPvs7FF66UCrx5LB9N-IKzH03B74rR>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:51:54 -0000

> What, you thought the version with Sting was better?
>
> It seemed a lot closer to the book. The acting could
> not have been worse than the movie, such being
> impossible. Special effects were OK, since they were
> not really the point of the book anyway.

I'll second Chris' comments - I thought the SCIFI Channel version was actually pretty good (putting aside the largely mediocre acting and some pretty lousy sets) and more importantly, it was interesting. The David Lynch Dune was better acted and had better sets, but was an incoherent mess. Then again, the SCIFI version was 6 hours and extended movie version was about 3hrs.

Jeff