Re: I'm tired of goddamned bullshit questions.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_CspsNxTNW7y_9etZfW2y-iZhGSYpXrMUPafTtJHtcTlK4Yk4bWqADihjEYb1FHAI7MdBNU5>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 05:17:29 -0000

> Hey Roderick - I thought that whole stupid discussion was just a
> conspiracy to kill me through boredom.

I thought the whole stupid Common Magic concept was just a conspiracy to kill me through confusion. Why is it that the least important kind of magic needs the greatest number of confusing, arbitrary, player-annoying rules?

The rules for Common Magic, IMO, should say: this is when you write down any ability name, and a rating. You can use it as an active or passive ability, regardless of whether or not your magic is concentrated (and in which direction). Don't worry about whether it's a spell, a feat, a talent, or whatever. Don't worry about having to lose it (or stop using it) when you "concentrate" on something else. It doesn't matter. It's just Common Magic.

That was easy to explain, wasn't it? :-)

Cheers, Nick