Re: [ClosedHeroQuest] A Special Kind of Stupid

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_knJE7CXwoj4JgmEflzeGvDsqI2pL7gyd6hOfUZ1bIVaJ2OrdwFGOGPU84XrtjvK0oqq-3P>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:38:42 +0200

Andrew Solovay wrote:

>Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_je_CNHSqh6-vBUThxzTBCcjyJfWeT4Lx5viTOhQH0tB7ARWOP1MXAKwwaqtEkr_NqPKeQZBfmXabFg0M.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>

>>>From: "Roderick and Ellen Robertson" <rjremr_at_KgvdsfTsq0fIza64a_-VD0iiSejRsRSYJB8dowHfxBs7PVBEZ-OpazhflNsGvn7HjVPat70oIVFSwbTS.yahoo.invalid>
>>>

>>>Well, the rest of what I wrote holds true for HeroQuest, as it does
>>>for Glorantha.
>>>

>>Yes, MGF, and YGMV. I don't employ those two rules. If people want to
>>know why mail me directly, it's not really pertinent to this list.

I want to know why, and precious little is impertinent to this list.

>I refuse to roll dice when I play RPGs. If people want to know why mail me
>directly, it's not really pertinent to this list.

I want to know why, and precious little is impertinent to this list.

>I do insist, however, that people on this list explain to me how I can
>resolve extended contests without rolling dice.

Use cards ? Poker chits ? Toss a coin ? Make completely arbitrary decisions off the top of your pointy li'l head ?

>It seems to me a serious
>weakness of Glorantha-based HQ that it assumes people are willing to roll
>dice.

Oh yes of course, thanx for informing us that *gamers* are allergic to dice. Could have fooled me ...

Or, alternatively, is this :

Sheer, utter, TWAT ?

Julian