A song for Harrek The Beserk.

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_S8BX3snizF9GQu79O7HAY0lJw1M0mSASCH3r1kvpw23tdjnZ2dP1nME-CREEZp3nPTe9gapV>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:53:36 -0000

So what sort of songs do you think Harrek would sing? I think it would be something like the following Country & Western/Hippie Crossover ("Me & Booby McGee" Written by Kris Kristofferson, made famous by Janis Joplin, and regularly performed by The Grateful Dead)

Me & Gunda The Guilty

Busted flat in Clanking Ruins, waitin' for a ride And I's feelin' near as faded as my bear Gunda called a big sylph down just before it died It blew us all the way into Galastar

I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandana I's playin' soft while Gunda sang the blues, yeah Windy fingers slappin' time, I's holdin' Gunda's hand in mine We sang every song those pirates knew, yeah

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose Nothin' don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free, no no And feelin' good was easy, Lord, when she sang the blues You know, feelin' good was good enough for me Good enough for me and my Gunda Guilty

>From the Ygg Island ice fields to the Pamatelan sun
There Gunda shared the secrets of my soul Through all kinds of weather, through everything we done Yeah, Gunda baby kept me from the cold

One day up near Sartar, Lord, I let her slip away She's lookin' for that home and I hope she finds it But I'd trade all o' my tomorrows for one single yesterday To be holdin' Gunda's body next to mine

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose Nothin', that's all that Gunda left me, yeah But if feelin' good was easy, Lord, when she sang the blues Hey, feelin' good was good enough for me, mm-hmm Good enough for me and my Gunda Guilty

La-da-da La-da-da-da La-da-da da-da da-da
La-da-da da-la-da la-da, Gunda Guilty, yeah
La-da-la-da-la-da La-da-la-da-da
La-da-la-da-la-la, Gunda Guilty, yeahLa-da-da

La-da-da La da-da La da-da
La-da-da La da-da La da-da
Hey, my Gunda, Lord, my Gunda Guilty, yeah Lo-da-lo da-la-lo-da-laLo-da-la-lo
da-la-lo la-la-lo la-la-lo la-la
Hey, my Gunda, Lord, my Gunda Guilty, yeah

Lord, I call her my lover, She called me her man I said I call her my lover, did the best I can, c'mon Hey now Gunda now, hey now Gunda Guilty, yeah La-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-la Hey, hey, hey, Gunda Guilty, Lord!

La-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la Hey, hey, hey, Gunda Guilty, yeah