[ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Are we geeks?

From: David Cake <dave_at_nBqf2Dvts_FyjOnEKEvd2ldgTz05rYVxB_Vc6ygjwBMBJEFqgrrMuWZjqjuauXHZJ-VSkdC>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:47:42 +0800

At 10:25 PM +0000 28/7/04, jeffrichard68 wrote:
>My score: 22.48521% - Geek
>
>Damn those roleplaying games and movies (not to mention having read
>Russian literature for the hell of it)!

        I felt the things that dragged me down were my general apathy towards Star Trek (if only Dr Who was an acceptable substitute, or the various works of Joss Wheddon), not being from the US and thus missing out on some cultural specifics (AV Club? marching bands?), and not actually being all that socially inept. I have lots of friends, and can't complain about my love life either - but I met most of my friends and all my girlfriends since high school through science fiction fandom, so I don't think that should count against me.

        Russian literature, on the other hand, is one of those things I always meant to get around too, particularly Nabokov, so I think thats valid.

	Cheers
		David