Re: Terrible analogies

From: Keith Nellist <labrygon_at_AipJRk9DtwhgMwkJaZWNbtby-SOOlEEJ0xnB-Y7cZXdXmmG_snYfcGCNilTqY7ykcwk>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 22:20:48 -0000

> So is the idea for posters to list analogies they think are
terrible,
> or to list existing analogies (regardless of quality) and then hold
> poll on whether they're "the worst" or not?

Less confused than you should be. The idea was exactly as you describe. Although of course YIMV and MIMNBVG (my idea might not be very good). This being the immoderated list I did not feel I needed to think before I posted my half formed thought. I mean , how on earth am I going to get all these analogies into a poll that can be voted on. It would be like a..a..too many analogies spoil the poll.

I thought a general consensus might emerge of some of the worst or, failing that, some kind of vicious flame war might develop where I get upset because the utility of my "Grotarons are like huge bipedal elephants but with three arms,eyes on their hands and no trunk" analogy is called into question.

Keith