Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] The Vision Thing: Perrenial Questions and Inconsistent Answers

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_5fLPcfE-FfG6qtgIV_lTb7K1JBU5mfW3rnu1z5it04XFQH8Ua-QzABPNeGB0BMJ1Pj4nVA>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 22:04:40 +0200

John 'n' Jane :

>>Tawdry fetishisation of the GL secret aside (it doesn't work anymore
>>guys), some things just shouldn't be known. But we all know about the
>>gamer mentality. A pity, because for me this can be one of
>>Glorantha's biggest charms.
>>

>Sadly the GLS has been presented as "yes, there's an answer, but we're
>not going to tell you, because we're the elite and you're a bunch of
>plebs." I don't particularly want to know what Greg thinks it is, but I
>do object to being treated like that.

To paraphrase something by Umberto Eco; and just IMO :

The Great Secret of the God Learners is that Everything is Secret.

and that's what happened to them : they became a geat big secret, and so did the heart of their creed.

And the Gift Bringers came and took them all into Solace, where they live in secret, well-ordered, RQ Sight-enabled bliss, and can change each others' mythologies as and when they please ...

i.e., they disappeared from Glorantha, and they turned into *us* ...

Julian

PS actually there's a less fatuous explanation why I believe this, but : wrong list.

"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.
Can you tell me about ...

... Real Life ?"