RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Jane on America

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_aZdO3hRll-DwkG_ZHquUahfZhp9ktbAJ1uRHrpav_kmkxZ4W8OH23VQRNkoVF>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 22:46:39 +0100

> Brussels .... I thought that was the very home of
> averageness, where they are certain that grey is a vibrant color.

Exactly my point. In comparison with *that*....

However, the place does do very good food, and extremely good beer. Several hundred extremely good beers. The sample Americans I witnessed were ignoring the beer menu and ordering "beer", plus burgers and chips, with ketchup. They did so in American English. The prosecution rests its case :(

(And I can still only assume that you export your most objectionable specimens and keep the good ones at home.)