Sauron Silliness

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_eG3hpzCBO8quDjjpdpHaaHdOiRw8a-_-OHx4bT7HYTlMV6taci7t9sHS-6KA1LVhLQI8>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 13:43:32 +1100

Jane Williams wrote:

>I just had a terrible thought. Ever suffered one of Greg's late-night
>sessions of releasing your inner dinosaur?

Saurintology? What a hoot! Alas, Greg's web site is no more. :( Saurintology is part scientology sendup and part hilarious (and almost) respectful commune with our long lost evolutionary cousins (several hundred times removed).

 From Burning Man '96 -

SAURINTOLOGY CAMP Learn the arcane science of Saurintology. Get in touch with your Inner Dinosaur. Channel Dinosaurs. Dinosaur "Come as You Are Now" Party and Dinosaur channeling contest.

If two thousand years wisdom GOOD, two hundred million years wisdom BETTER.

>HQ - Walking with Dinosaurs
>
>What worries me is that he might really do it!

Glorantha has never seemed to do much with its dinosaurs, with the possible exception of 'Flying Trollkin' (pweeeeeeeeeh!) and the odd cattle raid gone vewy, vewy wong.. While having little of the philosophical and comedic potential of baboons, dinosaurs are certainly superior to those stoopid, penile-enhanced ducks and mutant Telly Tubbie Uz. Bring on Dinosaur Pak and Thunder Beast BBQ cookbook! "First, catch your dinosaur..."

Where in Sheng's private Idaho are Glorantha's dinosaur shamans and channelers?. Where's the Bronto passive trance dance?

Go go gazzam!

John

("He who can channel a stunted steggie")

nysalor_at_dnaQDeS2RaWJiRSiZDRiL1lan1ndaTL-UpaPdcAhbo357o1gwtVBggEVS80Ir6f9yZopeg0ne8a5csAy.yahoo.invalid                     John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

... a flying arrow, a crashing wave, night old ice, a coiled snake, a bride's bed talk, a broken sword, the play of bears, a king's son.