Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Fan policy

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_zZLrDLYlU4aWfHzPIxGJea_V5UBgFYL8UwpRC5u9Hpp6z8UU9O1hYEn9djL8JHPxRR8GTW8>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:44:14 +0000

Jane Williams wrote:

>> b) "ImmoderateHeroQuest" is NOT an Issaries >> trademark

> But it contains one, doesn't it? Or does the
> capitalisation and spacing affect it?

I suggest renaming the list "HeroQuest-sucks" (or perhaps "Issaries- sucks"), to take advantage of established legal precedents. (You can abuse trademarks as long as you're *obviously* abusing them, IYSWIM).

It seems plausible enough to me that the Gloranthan cognoscenti already consider "Etyries" roughly equivalent to "Issaries Sucks", so I won't be renaming my website any time soon... :-)

Cheers, Nick