RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Some Issaries Questions

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_2MOg-o9IOpJY-qxh_3iHBgSaIiV7SCeAzGlop7uTzyekInllTlYuGcanQhpw1>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:11:19 -0000

> 1. Does Issaries pay authors?

ISTR way back, being told what rate per 1000 words Issaries would pay me for some job or other (which then got cancelled). I did sums, laughed hysterically, and told them that they could send me the cheque if they liked, but I'd frame it, not cash it. Bank charges would have given it negative value. I also worked out the cost at my standard hourly rates, and got an answer that differed by a factor of 100 or so.

I have no idea if they still have the same policy. I've got credit for concepts for a few things, but haven't done any actual word-production for them.

> 2. Have they any plans to publish anything with some content
> or are we going to be stuck with books which are mainly
> character creation notes with some vaguely connected scenarios.

And travelogues, and "cheer on the NPCs". Don't forget them.

(Be fair, even here. Orane's Spindle and Skullpoint were good.)