Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Why...

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_kpgLRG6DkeCaQ7PsKIzBbJWwH6D7t3wVNn64g8gIzMSVuTS-TJom-dZcyedR402tEcIecPU>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 08:36:32 +0100

Tim Ellis wrote:

> ...does Nick complain thatthe new FPP is a plot by Greg to steal all
> his ideas?

Since you ask, Tim:

Because Nick likes to be credited when work he has done for Greg gets printed, and feels the new FPP is a step in exactly the wrong direction.

> I thought Nick's complaint was that Greg, having read and
> agree with stuff one day, turned round and ignored it the next when
> working on the same topic (see discussion of the nature of the Red
> Emperor passim)

No, that's *everyone's* complaint. Mine is more specific, re: the way material commissioned from me by Greg with the promise of a credit in the relevant publication -- and no other consideration asked -- was then printed without any credit. See the product pages for ILH-1 and Revealed Mythologies for details. I put months of effort into the Carmanians and the Malkioni, at Greg's request, for no return.

Since I want to be credited when my material is printed, and since the FPP requires me to say that I'll allow Greg/Issaries to print any ideas of mine without any credit, we're at an impasse.

(I have my moral rights, of course, but Americans apparently ignore these all the time, despite signing up to the Berne Convention. Mind you, they signed the Geneva Convention, too...)

Cheers, Nick