RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Digest Number 383

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_YryOvRMeyfT-xtRHtKv1bLipUAgVCWshcuh_pBa0AYLLG5QcdRsEYmzBmZiG4>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 01:00:09 +0100

> >What possible obligation do I - or any other hobbyist - have to do
> >anything at all for your benefit?
>
> Because you got all that free playtest stuff, who's creation
> was paid for by the money I spent on barely worth it products.

I know this is the Immoderate list, but...

Playtest stuff. "Paid for". I'm confused. How come it had any cost in the first place? Was someone paid for writing it? (Seems unlikely).

And if it was, surely the cost was spread across the products bought by *all* comsumers? I know it's a small market, but surely more than one copy of each book has been sold? (Well, I've bought a few...)