Re: Why...Insider bitch says more

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_56-cxf6cfDsXBVAPMcvexMg2gZCk7hlDO6To3wSIbnqPYbco7HK_f0aUgsyv9BYxI7Y>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:39:15 -0000

John,

The statements made in the snippet I
sent pretty much say it all when it comes to Issaries crediting people:

"Issaries has absolutely no intention of using your work without your permission and without giving you credit."

 [History has shown that Issaries is pretty  good at getting permission to use stuff.  Although there have been failures on giving  credit, and they have been tragic, it does  not happen very often.]

"An example would be writing a page on the City of Boldhome. Issaries can only use a body of work with author permission and credit. You are not giving away your rights to be named as the author."

"whenever someone has made it known to Issaries that they have not credited someone properly Issaries credited that individual through a subsequent announcement, usually with an apology for the omission."

 [Issaries track record has proven this out. I would  really like to know of ANYONE who has complained  about not getting credit that Issaries has just  turned a deaf ear towards. In other words, is there  anyone who feels Issaries didn't issue them an  apology and make a public statement owning up  to the error of not giving credit?]

As for the appendices, they will only contain examples. NO NEW RULES. I realize that examples are good, but its not like the appendices will alter, add or subtract from the rules of the policy.

Rick
Arrogant Bastard