Re: Digest Number 385

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_hBj4qYib8YnnLQPE-qxl6Vkf5y6ewqKaS0EPr1c9rbcKu0W28BvtXyB2YwEFiikU6hLl>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:47:49 -0000

> > >So, wait: Jeff owes you because he contributed his time,
> > for free, in
> > >playtesting products before they came out? Do Microsoft's
> > beta testers
> > >also owe you?
> > >How people who enroll in clinical trials of new drugs?
> >
> > He owe's me sod all. But him and his friends have been in
> > prime position to produce something worthwhile for years.
> > They have not done so, which is fine, obviously they have a
> > reason?
>
> At a blind guess, because they don't have an infinite amount of
free
> time?

Let's see, our little gaming group has produced - David Dunham's King of Dragon Pass computer game, Enclosure I & II, the Fall of the House of Malan LARP (which has been run at least four times at cons on three continents), and the Victoria Con. Is that enough production for you? How about you - what have you contributed other than poorly spelled, incoherent rants?

> Hmmm. Well, it has to be said that having "fan" productions (you
know,
> the stuff that's generally higher quality content than Issaries,
better
> produced than Issaries, in less conflict with existing material
than
> Issaries, with the exception of where Issaries has had the good
sense to
> take "fan" material and simply print it) stifled for a year hasn't
> helped.

Jane - I'd say Thunder Rebels, Storm Tribe and the Dragon Pass Gazetteer is amongst the best quality Gloranthan material that's ever been out there. As for whether material conflicts with previous material, that has never bothered me much - Glorantha should be internally inconsistent. Lord knows the real world is.

Jeff