Re: Amerikan Speeling

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_ZHN_BNGqMztrj1v6ituit-U58BEIkymf2KDJNIj4Ka3hXa5PkIfBWC5Z9Uh4M7tw-KQp>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 01:02:15 -0000

> How did he treat Ezekial 23:20*?
> *"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those
of donkeys
> and whose emissions was like that of horses."

Webster did try his hand at his own version of the Bible, but it was not well received in the US. King James has Ezekial 23:20 as:

"For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses."

I believe Webster's version is the same. BTW, I am curious which translation Peter is quoting (not that I doubt the accuracy of the translation - I'm just curious which version people are using).

Jeff