Re: Amerikan Speeling

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_EwxC3762KXq1Mv57Neb0S0hij3JfEBL6bxWJ1bWtqyighsAiOTBF2dqFyQ2Kb6kLeFvN>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 01:09:35 -0000

> And back we are to Percy. :)

Aha - now I know what the heck you were referring to before. Webster seems unique in the fact that it is hard to make his name sound rude. There's a great South Park commercial now with Cartman angrily yelling "what the Funk & Wagnalls".

> >Unlikely. Webster was initally an active Federalist...
> Sigh. You mean everything I read on the Internet isn't true?

If you read on the Internet that he was an avid supporter of the GOP, probably not. I'm uncertain whether he was an abolitionist - opposition to slavery of course was the main reason the Republican Party was founded in 1854.

Jeff