RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Janine Ashbless

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_XKaECzyAhidzFk_W9GAC1T-Nxt9ZHnRS-T6zHUy6pDNsuCBRatNomCZw_cyvN>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:36:56 +0100

> Has anyone asked Penny Love? She has previously expressed a long-term
> desire to crack the Mills and Boon market.

This wasn't Mills & Boon. Not all that hard-core, no, but definintely beyond Mills & Boon.

> Interestingly, a quick google found a blurb that says Penny
> has published
> *three* fantasy novels - and I only know of two - Castle of
> Eyes and Widows Tale.

I only knew of Widow's Tale. Must get hold of the other one, then - is it Gloranthan?

> (Tempted to spend his morning creating alliterative kennings
> for various
> pink bits. But No! Think of the trademark. Must protect the
> trademark...)

Look at just how Gloranthan Toil and Trouble is. Yes, we all recognise it, but you'd never make a court case out of it. Go on, write those kennings! You know you want to. And I'm sure one of your Vingans will make use of them quite soon :)