Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: OT: London Bombings

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_Pkz4mzRKKVBu9SHI6s90nnrGDlyPS6KPGwUj_Od2clkFuQu0NADTjBOhj3i4s9K-hYSdKhR>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 23:38:33 +0100

Jeff Richard wrote:
>>"Red" Ken Livingston, the Mayor of London -- whose
>>politics I have long disliked -- gave _the_ truly
>>memorable statement of the day...

> I agree wholeheartedly (both with the dislike of Red Ken's politics
> and with the observation that he gave the best political speech of the
> day).

Well, I agree half-heartedly. It was a superb speech, but I've always liked what Red Ken stands for. Jeff, next time you're over, let me lend you the video of the Comic Strip's "G.L.C. -- The Carnage Continues" (with Charles Bronson as Ken Livingstone, and Lee Van Cleef as Tony Benn). It's the sequel to "The Strike" (Al Pacino as Arthur Scargill), which was of course better.

Cheers, Nick