RE: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Gimme the Dirt

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_35TdPcuyYGggVki12D7JvUWtZWSM3Q78q-z1O5ikQViMaqd5IIbYEsy28Jllz>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:38:32 +0100

> So, any speculation or information about the
> recently-cleared-up legal
> woes Greg has referred to recently? Were they caused by or the reason
> for the fan publication policy?

Umm.... Probably best if I keep the little I do know in semi-confidence, even on *this* list, since it looks like Greg is deliberately not naming names in public places, and I don't want to accidentally drop him (or me) in legal messes. And my knowledge is anything but complete, anyway.

What I can tell you is that when I heard what was going on, I finally joined the GTA, with the request that my donation went to sponsor, not a book, but Issaries' legal fees (and possibly a large sledgehammer if required).

I'd always said that if Issaries was going to pretend to be a business and "therefore" better than any mere fan publisher, it should *** well BE a business, and therefore didn't need my charity any more than McDonalds did. But what was going on there was well out of order.

> And were any ducks wanked? Were yurts involved?

Not that I'm aware of. That would have been comparatively tasteful.