Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Gimme the Dirt

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_BAsEuire9Lby8SpkA6RrGE0HcRg5zwOAl4MiSt0VvN0iRvEWDF4ODE2UUGNEn>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 12:07:02 +0000 (GMT)

> I had a friend who lived for a while in the English
> Newark* - He
> assured me the only redeeming feature of the town
> was that it is an anagram of Wanker

My grandparents used to live there, and I went there quite a bit as a child.

There's a castle to play with (well, what Cromwell left of it).

There's a cattle market where you can pat animals and splash in lots of mud and other interesting things. (Yes, these are memories and tastes from me aged about 6 or so).

There's a river. Locks, boats, swans, ducks to feed.

Biggest parish church in the country, and if your grandad knows the right people, you get to go up the spire, past the bells.

When you're waiting for the bus back from the town to gran's house, you're right next to the brewery and it smells lovely.

I've barely been back since I was ten or so. Maybe it's changed. But my memories of the place are very happy ones.

Jane Williams