Re: [ImmoderateHeroQuest] Re: Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_nPl2VKfp3R0xPmmcrVjhnZ1XQoKG2eg4dtDoE_e0v3w5LT1pvv4G2VcI5b2a7utdj4Mnl>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:20:29 +0100

From: Mark Galeotti
>For most people 'like the ancient Persians' means nothing,
>so it is a useless comparison;

Really! But same with Romans then. Most people know very little, and that mostly wrong, so that'd be a useless analogy. It's only useless to those who know nothing, but certainly not useless. We are gamers here. We read and are interested in things. Not talking about average citizen who doesn't read. We do know something about some other cultures, Persians being one of the better known. With Persians, people might actually study up on that to get more into it, resulting in more inspiration and interest. With Romans, well no one will be interested in them and so won't read anything. You say Roman, and I say Persian
You say Tomato, and I say Tomato...

Daniel