Re: Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Keith Nellist <Labrygon_at_6pLGX46m1G_4siCTpJw7t9Zdm-zDn_HbkPdwrwc3RMknA-EyqSjasQTzpN9wKv3XviI>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:03:01 -0000

I like the Baywatch analogy. Let's use it. "The Lunars are like the lifeguards on Baywatch - all dressed in red - and the Hoff is a bit like the Red Emperor, except Takenegi was never even seen a talking car."

Can we have a competition for the most absurd analogies and metaphors? Well, like a competition except there are no winners. Obviously, they need a grain of truth but not much. Here's some:

Mostali are like the Wombles, except they don't go Mostaling-free, are not named after placed from a map of the world, and do not follow the dictats of a benign tyrant known as Great Uncle.

Elves are like spinach, only more crunchy.

Sir Ethilrist is like Oliver Cromwell without the warts, but with demon horses.

The Orlanthi barbarians fighting the Lunars are like the American Revlutionaries fighting the British, except there are no French involved, and Canada cannot be equated with anywhere else.

Harrek the berserk is like cream cakes, naughty but nice.

Prax is similar to the American West, without the six-shooters, and not much prospect of agriculture.