Re: Putting the 'Anal' into Analogies

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_FoGjYLw7G-x4qc5vxqE_XPihWHt1jXqTW06LJWxHbtwUBxNOeP3KZH4tZJ3T7>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:04:31 -0000

Daniel:
"So we're finally all agreed here, the Lunars are most similar to the British in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. In the latter part they've both got a great goddess they worship."

You mean Queen Anne wasn't great? Okay, maybe not.

Funnily enough -- and unsurprisingly for some -- early modern England/Britain/Europe is one of my favourite influences for elements of the Lunar Empire (it may sound anachronistic, but the idea is to look at what makes the final picture, rather than the picture itself).

And my Lunars haven't started carrying snaphances or wearing periwigs yet. Though I guess stupidly expansive false Dara Happan-style beards are more the rage. I'm being serious on that point, you know...

I do have a sad tendency to model my dwarfs as 16th/17th century Dutchmen though, all called Maurits and Pieter. Maybe it's the firearms, pikes and dour heresies.

Stu.